Total Pageviews

Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Recap

It was a wonderful Thanksgiving and I am looking forward to the left overs tonight!  Our family was joined by 2 others for a fabulous meal and a good time was had by all.  There were 6 lovely adults and 6 very active children and a blaze in the fireplace made the day nearly perfect.  I was so excited to use my Christmas china and new table linens.  Mother - I actually ironed the table cloth!  It was a great day and would have been one for the record books if Madison had not fallen off the monkey bars and fractured her right arm.  Yep, first break of our family.  We knew she hurt it when it happened, but didn't realize the severity until she woke up several times during the night crying in pain.  Kim took her to the ER about 4:30 this morning and an X-Ray confirmed the fracture. 








Somehow I was bamboozled into getting up this morning at 3 Am to take part in Black Friday.  It started with Misty going and then Kim was going and then suddenly I was going while Kim slept.  Yes, I got the short end of the stick.  So I set the alarm for 3 Am and throw on some warm clothes upon rolling out of the bed.  I parked the car at 3:33 am along with 4,000 other people.  I stood in a line that wrapped around the building in the rain that turned to sleet for 30 minutes until the store opened at 4 Am.  On the upside, I made some great friends in line.

I walked into the store at 4:03 and headed straight for the hot ticket item in high demand in my house.  At 4:04 Am the entire stock of our hot ticket item was sold out.  I thought I would cry on the spot.  This item was on significant sale - essentially buy 1 get 1.  I struggled against the crowd still pouring through the doors to make my way back to the van.  I was so disappointed.  I crawled back into the bed totally defeated.  Kim then took Madison to the ER and 5 minutes later, McKenzie and Morgan woke up for the day.  It's been a LONG day today.  Morgan conked out on the living room floor about 10 Am.


So, I can't leave you thinking the day was a total disappointment.  Misty called from Target mid morning to say there were plenty of hot ticket items and Target was price matching!!  Woohoo!  Thanks to Misty, we have our hot ticket items!  And the whole family has spent the day recovering from too much turkey and not enough sleep.  Here's to decorating tomorrow!

No comments: